Last updated: April 2015.
We may provide other online interfaces not covered by this Notice. If you visit or access your services from one of these sites, please review the online privacy practices of that site to understand how your online information may be collected, used and shared.
Collecting and Using Information
Registration and Other Information Provided to Us
Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
- We do not sell, trade or give away your Personal Information to anyone.
- We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies:
Processing your membership agreement or paying referral fees
If you submit a membership agreement for the services offered by us, then we will disclose your Personal Information to process your membership agreement. Please be assured that our partners are only allowed to use your Personal Information to process your membership application. Additionally, if you sign up for the services that we offer through a referral source, then we may share your personal information with that referral source, as well, only to the extent that we must pay a referral fee to the referral source and attribute it to your purchase.
We may disclose your Personal Information to other companies that help us process or service your membership or corresponds with you. For example, if you are having any issues with any of your membership benefits and company responsible for administrating your benefits cannot properly respond to your concerns, we may reach out to that company on your behalf and provide your Personal Information when attempting to resolve any potential issues.
We may disclose or report your Personal Information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties.
- We collect Personal Information in the normal course of business in order to process your membership application and to serve you better.
Registering With Us
We begin collecting Personal Information from you when you register with us. You may register with us through our Site by entering your email address and, if you are creating an account, choosing your password. Under our current process, you must create an account before starting an application for the membership program offered on our Site.
Enrolling in and paying for our Membership Program
If you apply for a membership program through our Site, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Information relating to you and any family member who will be included on your membership. This information will be to process your membership agreement. Additionally, we may ask you to provide us with credit card or bank information, which will be used to collect any fees associated with your membership agreement.
Customer satisfaction, referrals and other products
We or our wholly-owned subsidiaries may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service, request that you refer our services to other people, and/or to inform you of additional products and services. You may opt out of receiving these additional communications from us by following the opt-out procedures below.
We may also use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or in which you are enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you, including ads on other websites;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- to allow you to apply for products or services and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your services, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your personal information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you may need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. The site may not load or display properly. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
- Flash objects: As part of our solutions for online authentication, we may use Flash objects (sometimes referred to as “Local Shared Objects”) to help us recognize you and your device when you come back to the Site. For our pages running Adobe® Flash® content (demos and tutorials with moving content), we use Flash objects to determine your browser type and version of Adobe Flash in order for you to view the content. We do not use Flash objects for any online behavioral advertising purpose. Deleting cookies does not delete Flash objects. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to control and disable them – through the Adobe interface. If you choose to disable Flash objects from our Site, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Site or benefit from the information and services offered.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, advertising, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Third party widgets – We may allow certain widgets (e.g., social share buttons) on our Sites that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our Sites where these widgets are placed. You may wish to review information at the third party site, such as social media platforms where you have an account, to determine how these third parties collect and treat such information. Also, see Linking to other sites and Social media sites below.
Third-Party Web Beacons – We may use third-party web beacons from Google to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Google may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Google click here.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third party sites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We comply with HIPAA security requirements with respect to safeguarding and securing your Protected Health Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information and Protected Health Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If we provide you with a user name and password to access portions of the Site, we disclaim any responsibility for a breach of privacy as a result of your willingly or inadvertently disclosing your user name and password to others.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can e-mail us at contactus@ myhealthcareassociates.com.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important. If your information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please email or write to us at the appropriate address for changes listed on your service materials as provided by us.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
We currently do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individual users across the web.
May other parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when they visit www.randwebsitedesign.com/~myhealth?
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat accounts with California billing addresses as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which this website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions set forth above. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person who is not a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our e-mail or physical mailing address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
Protecting individual health information
To the extent that we receive, maintain, or process an individual’s protected health information, we may disclose that information as authorized by and in accordance with applicable federal and/or state law.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.
America’s Healthcare Associates
406 SW 12th Avenue
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442